Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Positive Attitude!


I find it difficult to follow a diet plan of any kind. Because of that, I'm falling back on the "eat when you are hungry, stop when you are satisfied" method which worked wonders for me after I had my youngest child and needed to drop the extra weight.

A few weeks into eating that way, I'd lost enough weight that my clothes weren't fitting anymore. One morning during worship team practice, I walked down the steps at the front of the church, and my slip fell around my ankles. Everyone stopped and stared, a bit mortified for me, I'm sure. I used my right foot and kicked the slip into the air, grabbed it with my hand and tossed it to the front pew. "I guess my diet plan is working then!" I said to my fellow worship team. That brought forth laughs and eased the tension a bit.

Right now, I weigh more than I did after giving birth to Rachel, my youngest. It's daunting and stressful to have "more" of me than I've ever had in my life! One thing I do know though... my attitude can make or break me as I go through the changes in my life. I'm trying to have a "can do" attitude, and face this task with joy and laughter rather than sorrow and depression. I'm looking forward to the day when my slip falls off again and I get to "downsize" my wardrobe! How fun that will be!!!!

On a different note, I had the pleasure of spending time with my son Jeremy yesterday. We took a couple of hours and drove around the outskirts of Silverton and took some candid shots of the area. Isn't it amazing that you can live in one place for years and years and never once travel down back roads to explore??? Luckily, I had my camera with me. I have a crappy camera. I'd be so excited to have one of the current digital cameras on the market along with special lenses for special shots. I am just happy right now to have a camera to work with. The shot above was taken at my son and daughter's house on their mossy steps. Not so candid, since I added all the goodies resting on the steps. I shall be adding more photos with a less contrived feel, however. For now, I hope you enjoy this shot! Thanks so much for stopping by! ~ Dawnee

1 comment: