Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It Figures


Why is it that women have a more difficult time losing weight than men do? My husband came home from a doctor's appointment last week and said he'd lost weight. How? Oh, he cut back on his meal portions. Well, I've cut back as well. And I've added making myself eat during the day so that my metabolism will speed up. Water? I'm drinking lots of it. Exercise? Yep, it's in there. Not to mention all the picking up, playing with and chasing after my grand kids. Maybe one morning I'll wake up and it will have happened overnight... ba-da-bing! thin and healthy!

My sister sent a book to me that will help the two of us keep each other accountable as we try to drop some pounds and become healthier. I think the accountability will help so much. That and the encouragement from each other.

I read an article earlier today that said 1/3 of our daily calories should be consumed before lunch. Maybe I'll start making spaghetti for breakfast and serve everyone cereal at dinnertime!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I lost a few pounds without even trying that much my love... BUT, part of the reason I lost weight is that I slept for most of three days and didn't eat much when my eye was hurting.

    ReplyDelete